On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 06:09:19 -0400 William Oliver <ven...@billoblog.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2019-03-21 at 00:04 -0500, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> > Dear friends,
> >
> > Our workplace recently switched to OTP-based two factor
> > authentication with Office 365 and mandated everyone to use the
> > browser, Windoze or Evolution. We want to do none but get e-mail the
> > old-fashioned way, delivered to my local HDD and read by my mailer.
> > Looking around, we have successfully written python code to get e-
> > mail using MS Graph. But following the examples there, we can
> > retrieve e-mail in json format and needs further processing before it
> > can go to a MTA. I am not sure that procmail will work, so I am
> > wondering how to deliver mail to my HDD in Mbox format (to be read by
> > sylpheed or some other e-mailer).
> >
> > But, is json format the only way to extract these e-mails? Or are
> > there other options available that are friendlier for more general
> > MTAs? Otherwise, how does one get these e-mails in a Mbox format?
> >
> > Sorry if my question is not very clear: we are very new to this and
> > still struggling to understand everything.
> >
> > Many thanks for any helpful pointers and references, and best wishes,
> > Ranjan
> >

> My solution was a lot simpler when I wanted to read work emails in my
> linux client.  I just turned on forwarding in Office 365 to an email
> address on my server at home.  I spoof the "Reply To:" back to my work
> address, though I almost only *read* emails from home. I rarely reply
> until I get to work the next time.  My office doesn't use two-factor
> authentication, so I don't know if that makes this impossible...

Thanks! Unfortunately, this is not an option for me. There is no forwarding
allowed, and I am in academia where (unless you are an administrator, in which
case you get to set policies for others to suffer) you are expected to receive
and answer e-mail all the time.

I will wait to see if there are some other pointers on how to get MS Graph to
integrate with a linux MTA.

Ranjan