On 3/29/19 11:29 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> A brief grep finds these typedefs defined in <sys/types.h>:
>
> #include <sys/types.h>
>
> typedef u_int8_t foo;
>

> This compiles just fine.
>
> So, I surmise that the code in question was using something that itself
> includes sys/types.h, but whatever that is, the version on Fedora
> doesn't itself include it.
>
> You'll just need to figure out which modules need this, and manually
> shove that include in there, yourself. That'll probably fix it.

Did some comparing between the Debian version of usb.h and Fedora. The
usb.h on Debian included sys/param.h and the Fedora version omits this.

sys/param.h then includes sys/types.h, so that was indeed the underlying
cause. Shoving that include in place on the RawHID common include
Soarer's Converter bundles did allow it to be compiled on F29.

I guess I need to figure out how to keep up with this since I don't
think anyone's maintaining the Linux version of this utility anymore.

Many thanks! Now off to use my very old and very loud keyboard!

Leander