On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 7:55 AM Ranbir <m3fr...@thesandhufamily.ca> wrote:

> On Sun, 2019-05-05 at 22:16 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> >
> > They should not be broken. It implies a problem with either /boot or
> > /boot/efi depending on the type of firmware you have. What do you get
> > for:
>
> > # cat /etc/fstab
> > # blkid
> > # efibootmgr -v
>

> Here you go:
>
> https://paste.ofcode.org/Tds5vBCXswJ2sHUu64S9G4

I see two minor anomalies:

/boot is XFS, should not be a problem.
NVRAM contains dup entries, Boot0001 and Boot0008.

Boot0001 is pointing to the new naming for shim, and it's also the
default and current boot. Therefore, Boot0008 can be deleted. It's not
causing the problem, so you can also just leave it alone.

I don't think /boot on XFS is related either, it should work fine.

What's the URL you get for this command?
$ sudo cat /boot/efi/EFI/fedora/grub.cfg | fpaste

And also this:

$ mount | grep vfat

A faster way to get where I'm going, but will erase any evidence of
why you're stuck, is to just create a new grub.cfg and then reinstall
the kernel you want.

$ sudo grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/efi/EFI/fedora/grub.cfg

Also, question, have you recently run 'grub2-install' on this
computer? Don't do it. I'm just wondering if you have done it, it
could be related.

--
Chris Murphy