On 5/7/19 7:08 AM, David Dembrow wrote:
> I have been using fedora with kde plasma desktop.  When I upgraded from
> fedora 29 to
> fedora 30 I lost my kde login manager as well as the kde plasma desktop.
>
> Is there a way to get my kde plasma desktop (or equivalent) back?  The login
> manager
> displays a warning message that the plasma desktop is not available and to
> select a new
> one or the default will be used, but there
> is no way to select a desktop from the login display.

kdm is broken in F30 and you're not going to get much attention since it is
going to be
dropped.

Install the preferred DM for KDE, sddm or another DM and then from a ssh
session or tty

systemctl --force enable sddm     or whatever DM you're planning on using.  You
*may* then
be able to
systemctl restart display-manager.service  and avoid rebooting

--
Right: I dislike the default color scheme Wrong: What idiot picked the default
color scheme