Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:

> Why does akonadi usually crash on system startup?

Requires debugging and details to know why.  Bugreports with abrt or drkonqi
reports or backtraces, and relevant logs would likely be required to know
more.

> Why does akonadi or maybe baloo sometimes use 100% of cpu?
> Why does akonadi or baloo cause a great deal of disk activity?

They're busing doing stuff synchronizing and indexing your email/pim
accounts (at least).

Baloo also supports indexing files for fast searching as well (beyond just
indexing mail/pim data).

> Is there any way to run KDE alarm without akonadi?

An educated guess, but I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

-- Rex