Hi,

The following pages have provided me with some headway: both hcitool and
gattool are available on Fedora. In case this is helpful to anyone.

https://www.jaredwolff.com/get-started-with-bluetooth-low-energy/

I also needed the following:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38086761/error-while-connecting-to-ble-device-using-gatttool

So, I can access the information. Now to see if I can do something with it,
that is program it.

Ranjan

On Sat, 17 Aug 2019 08:42:19 -0500 Ranjan Maitra <mai...@email.com> wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> Apologies for the OT, but I have a cheap smartwatch that is conceptually
> bluetooth accessible and also charges via a USB dongle. I would like to
> access it from my Fedora 30 system and see if I can change settings, get
> information from my desktop.
>
> I use blueman-manager to pair the device. The device is paired fine in the
> sense that it shows up on the blueman-manager and also the connected icon is
> visible on the device, however what do I do to access the files? Also, when I
> go away and come back, the manager says that it is connected, but the
> connected icon on the device is not visible anymore so I can not make
> anything out of this connection, or if it was even legit in the first place.
>
> Secondly, when I plugin through USB, the battery starts charging as it
> should, but lsusb shows up nothing beyond what it does when it is not plugged
> in. Is it possible to access this smartwatch through USB?
>
> I am totally new to playing with this so would like some advice/suggestions
> if possible.
>
> Many thanks and best wishes,
> Ranjan

Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on