On 2019-11-10 3:22 p.m., stan via users wrote:
On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 13:17:33 -0500
John Mellor <john.mel...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm starting to suspect a broken ACPI change in the newer kernel, but
I'm stuck...
Sure looks like it is a bug.  Try installing the -debug kernel?  At the
least it should give you more messages.  You should probably open a
bugzilla against the kernel with your problem if that doesn't pinpoint
the problem.  As a wild chance you could try installing a rawhide
development kernel to see if it has fixed your issue.  We are close
enough to branch that it should still work.

https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1410333

Download the rpms for your architecture, and install them from the
directory they are in with
dnf -C install [kernel rpms]

Ok, I installed the 5.4.0.0-0.rc6.git3.1.fc32 kernel from koji, but no effect on the problem.

Next, I guess I can try the rawhide kernel.

I also swapped out the nVidia graphics card for an old ATI Cedar card, also to no effect.