On Mon, 04 Nov 2019 12:12:18 -0800, Samuel Sieb wrote:

> On 11/4/19 6:44 AM, Beartooth wrote:
>>      F30 is on it now, but I can't say it runs. It boots up, and then
>> freezes. Local people who know things tell me it just isn't big enough
>> any more.
>
> Freezes completely?  At what point?  How much RAM does it have?  I'm
> running Fedora with Mate on 2GB systems.  (The primary reason for not
> Gnome was because there was no 3D acceleration on these very old
> computers.)

        It boots, and lets me log in, and issue a command (actually just
one tap on the up-arrow) to a tab on the terminal that I set come up on
login. Then it sits there, until I finally go away. When I get around to
looking again (usually hours later; I haven't timed it), the command is
there ready (it thinks) for me to hit enter.

        I don't know how much RAM it has: still the original, whatever
that was. I haven't added any.
--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User
Remember I know little (precious little!) of where up is.