Hi,
I'm trying to install fedora coreos on my server. I do not have a DHCP-server
available but used static IP before (project atomic).
When booting coreos from USB-stick it is looking for a DHCP-server. When not
found it fails. After a while it retries to get an IP-address.
I have tried to add a lease command to /etc/dhclient.conf like:

lease {
  interface "eth0";
  fixed-address 192.168.5.50;
  option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
  option routers 192.168.5.10;
  option domain-name-servers 192.168.5.10;
}

Then I killed the dhclient process and restarted it with same parameters as it
was run before:
dhclient -4 -q -cf /etc/dhclient.conf -pf /tmp/dhclient.eth0.pid -lf
/tmp/dhclient.eth0.lease eth0

But dhclient does not use the static configuration I have made and fails with a
message like:
Could not find a valid lease.

What am I doing wrong here? Is there an easier way to force a static IP
address? Can I stop the boot process and give some commands when loading the
kernel?

Any ideas appreciated.
Best regards,
Jonny