Hi,

Thanks!

On Tue, 17 Mar 2020 12:37:07 -0700 Samuel Sieb <sam...@sieb.net> wrote:

> On 3/17/20 11:42 AM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> > I am on F31 and have always used sudo. This morning, after a while, I
> > finally rebooted and am on the 5.5.8-200.fc31.x86_64 kernel. However, I
> > appear to have lost my sudo access.
> >
> > I get: that my username "is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be
> > reported."
> >
> > Not sure how this happened. How do I get back into sudoers? I am not even
> > sure I, (in fact I think that I do not), have a root account.
>
> It's unlikely that you were ever in the sudoers file unless you added it
> yourself.  Normally the user is in the wheel group to make them admin
> and allowed to use sudo.  What does the "id" command show for you?

I did not manually add the user but I have had sudo privileges because I
checked the box with regard to administrator privileges while installing long
long ago.

I had no idea that id was a command (thanks!) but here is what it says:

uid=1000(username) gid=1000(username) groups=1000(username),7(lp)
context=unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023

In the above, username replaces my actual user name.

Many thanks again for your help, and best wishes,
Ranjan

Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on