On 3/18/20 9:45 PM, sixpack13 wrote:
On 19.03.20 03:58, Robert McBroom via users wrote:
The kernels from a cloned system areĀ  far different from what is executing by doing a chroot from a live system, so `uname -r` is not useful.

that could be, but AFAIK, if I chroot to a cloned or what so ever system dracut should *only* see the environment of the system I chrooted to.

wasn't that the benefit of ch(ange)root ?

No, it only changes the filesystem. You're still running the kernel of whatever OS you booted from.