I run F31 Mate. When I run dnf upgrade, I often get dozens of kf5
entries (23 today, by my count) -- presumably because I install and
sometimes use K3B or Konqueror; I don't think I ever launch any other KDE
app, at least not knowingly.

        In particular, I used to use Konqueror mainly for reading man
pages, because it was the only way I knew to get a display I could read;
but now it doesn't do man pages at all, alas!

        Also, formerly neither K3B nor Brasero always burned media I
wanted; but one or the other always did.

        I'm wondering a couple things. Does all that kf5 stuff, sitting
there almost (?) unused, amount to a security hazard? Does it slow
anything down perceptibly? (I inveterately use too many browsers with too
many tabs.)

        Might I ought to bite the bullet, removing K3B and Konqueror?