On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 14:37:41 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 18:11:22 -0000 (UTC)
> Beartooth wrote:
>
>>      Today all of a sudden on all four machines on my desk, the list
>> that dnf gives me of what it proposes to do is an unreadable chartreuse
>> color. Could this be something I've done?? How do I fix it?
>
> Apparently you have the same version of dnf I have. I utterly despise
> "helpful" colors, especially since all the people who pick them assume
> you have a white background in your terminal Then you can't read them at
> all with a dark background.

        Actually, I use various pastel colors that're supposed to be easy
on the eyes -- and color-code the tabs on my terminal so that I have an
extra assurance against doing something in the wrong place. But *I*
choose the colors for both background and text; so this misery would foul
me up even if it were a decent color.

        If the developers want the text input by me and the text input by
dnf to be able to differ, great -- so long as they let the *user* choose
both colors (or ignore them if so preferred). Springing it on us is a
foul.
--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User
Sometimes I do know what I'm talking about.