On 5/7/20 7:49 AM, sean darcy wrote:
My new laptop has Windows 10 installed with the Intel
rapid Storage Technology  (optane) system chip. Windows is on an nvme drive.

FC31 is on a SATA ssd.

I thought RST was where it used a small SSD as caching for a regular spinning hard drive. The few times I've had to deal with that, I just broke the RAID and let Windows use the hard drive directly.

BIOS allows me to choose AHCI or RST. I must use AHCI to boot the FC31 drive, and RST to boot the Windows drive. Neither will boot with the other.  Sigh.

1. Is there a way to get the FC31 drive to boot with RST ?

I thought there was some sort of support for that, but it's hard to find.

2.  Any way to have the Windows drive boot with AHCI ?

Check if there's an option in the BIOS to disable the RAID.