On 5/24/20 4:03 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
On 05/24/2020 04:51 PM, Tim via users wrote:
On Sun, 2020-05-24 at 11:10 -0600, Joe Zeff wrote:
Have either of you tried using Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to kill server
instead of switching to a different console?

You have to set that up first (I always do), it hasn't been a default
for a long time.

You may be thinking of the Magic SysRc key which does need setting up. (I'm going to have to do something on my desktop, BTW, as my current keyboard doesn't have all the needed keys.)  My memory is the combo I suggested worked out of the box for Xorg.  If not, can you tell me where to set it?

ctrl-alt-backspace has been default off for a long time. You can enable it with an xorg.conf.d snippet and/or there's an option in the Gnome Tweaks tool.