On Sun, 24 May 2020, Michael Hennebry wrote:

It gets further.
I get to a GUI that offers run live vs install.
Selecting run live gets me to a declaration
that it could not recover from an error.

I was more methodical this time:
Start without acpi=off , it goes to the try/install choice
and without waiting goes to the something went wrong screen.
Start with acpi=off does not get that far, kernel panic,
tried to kill idle process.
Test without acpi=off says something about blacklisting all devices
and then behaves like Start.
Test with acpi=off panics like Start.
I'm using Troubleshoot and basic graphics mode without acpi=off .
Terminal is only 78 characters wide.
Not good.

--
Michael   henne...@web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,