Lets follow the removing the maintainers if they don't respond to BZ'.s

So we remove maintainers, we don't get a replacement maintainer and
then after a few times of unmaintained packages, we remove the
packages.   Repeat until we have no packages except the most basic
packages.

Everyone seems to believe the maintainers are being paid to answer our
questions by someone and/or required to respond to the BZ, they
aren't.  And there seems to be the believe that it is an honor to be a
maintainer and that there are people waiting in line for the job, and
they aren't.

When you have paid support (read 10k's of paid distro copies) the
maintainers always respond, and often the response is "engineering is
looking at that" repeated until the enterprise packages goes EOL, or
"we aren't going to fix that".

Also remember the Distro maintainer is more or less just packaging it
up and/or slightly adjusting for fedora and maybe some testing. They
rarely own the original package source code, and rarely do they even
know enough to do major code changes.  I know I debugged and submitted
code a fix to a package I like to use that had some code backported
incorrectly and must have had only limited testing.     Kernel bugs
should be duplicated on the newest kernel.org kernel and then details
posted to the linux kernel list, that will get it fixed upstream which
in 30-60days or so will magically show up in fedora.   Much the same
thing is true with the packages, it is best to go to the actual
package maintainer outside of the distro as they may have actually
written the code.  i know of at least one of "the engineering is
looking at that" and/or "we aren't going to fix" that got fixed
because someone I work with went to the upstream maintainer and fixed
it at the source, and that got packaged up into the distro.  If you
fix it upstream you can also make the much simpler request to backport
patch from upstream and/or uplift to current upstream the given
package.