On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 14:13:35 -0500
Richard Shaw <hobbes1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So I want to dual boot Windows 10 and Fedora on my MS Surface GO but
> the funky Microsoft UEFI REALLY doesn't like grub.
>
> I've read up a bit on systemd-boot and found references that it
> should work with the Surface GO but one of the requirements is that
> the kernel be compiled to be compatible with EFI executables and that
> the kernel and initrd are on the EFI partition.
>
> I get the idea, but practically speaking how would I accomplish that?
>
> 1. resize the EFI partition to be 1GB?
> 2. Somehow update /etc/fstab to make /boot and /boot/efi the same
> partition? Bind mount?
> 3. Install systemd-boot (How do I stop grub from messing things up?)
>
> Anyone done this?

No, but I look forward to your journey as I would like to know also.
:-)  The part about being able to make the system unbootable because
of an error in installing bootctl has made me hesitant to experiment.

I think the way to go is to create another efi partition as /boot/test
and make all the changes there.  When you are ready to test, change
fstab to point to that partition in fstab, as /boot using the UUID.
That will mask the boot in the already installed fedora, and if you have
/boot/test set up correctly, should boot into the existing fedora.  You
will also have to have the windows setup in /boot/test in order to boot
it.  Some hand waving in there, but could work with tweaking, I think.