hello,

I am new to Fedora, and am happy about it. I installed Fedora 32 and was offered to "install" third party repositories by the Software application. There is one repository included in this list, which contains the Pycharm IDE software. I have 2 questions:

1. What can you gain from installing from this repository? Considering this is a Java app, it basically requires its own customized JRE. And installing and running it (using the author's package) is as easy as unpacking an archive.

2. As a follow up to the first question. What makes this particular repository special in being included in this list?

I am complaining because I installed the app using this repository and it was crashing, requiring a hard reboot. Running or "installing" this app using the directly downloaded package works better. And installing using the repository could (probably does) make changes to your system Java installation.

thank you,,

Anil