On 4/6/20 12:53 am, Jonathan Billings wrote:
On Wed, Jun 03, 2020 at 12:52:05AM -0400, doug.lindqu...@atlanticbb.net wrote:
I recently tried to install Centos 8 on my 3tb uefi hd that already had
Fedora 32 and Windows 10 on it.  The Centos installation did not finish
because it could install the boot loader.  It ended up screwing up the uefi
boot because it will no longer boot to anything.  It looks like the bios
reset  to non uefi boot only.  My mb is Gigabyte B450 Auros with 64gb mem.
Did you install via an USB or CD/DVD?  Did you boot the installer via
legacy boot (extlinux) or UEFI (grub2)?  It'll install the bootloader
that was used to boot the install medium.
Just further to Jonathan's questions, if the motherboard bios has indeed switched from UEFI to legacy you should be able to go into the bios settings and change it back to UEFI, how this is done depends on the motherboard. It also sounds like the Centos installer you are booting may be a legacy installer, in which case you might be better off obtaining a live cd/dvd of a Centos UEFI system.

regards,
Steve