Yesterday, I Beartooth wrote:

>>  The whole PC is now a backup; so I'd have no hesitation to DBAN it,
>> install F32, and recopy data from my
>> present #1 machine. I did think it seemed to have surprisingly little
>> storage when I did that df -h; but if I understand better now, that
>> 1.7T is real -- and, I hope, available for other uses. Is that so?
>> Maybe I don't need to wipe it?

        Lish me wuck. My old DBAN medium failed in five seconds flat on
interactive, and failed again in five more on autonuke. So I burned a
medium for F32 netinstall, and booted from that.

        As usual, I missed some boneheaded thing, and couldn't get
Anaconda to accept any manual partitioning I tried; so I eventually just
let it go automatic. It finished all right, and I'm adding apps.

        Beforehand, last night and this morning, I had copied my whole
home directory to a thumb stick. Then this morning I merged it into the
home directory of my #1 machine, which I'm using now. And I'm in process
of merging it into #3. When that's done, I'll copy it back, knowing it
works.

        Many, many thanks to all hands, and especially to Samuel Sieb, for
all the help!
--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User
Remember I know little (precious little!) of where up is.