On 6/24/20 6:25 AM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
On Tue, 23 Jun 2020 21:56:40 -0400, Frank wrote:

I am trying to compile/install IceWm for my Fedora 32 installation. Ran
into some problems I have resolved, but
I am stumped by these:

checking for strlcat... no
checking for C++11 by default... yes
checking for CORE... no
configure: error: Package requirements (fontconfig xrender xcomposite
xdamage xfixes xext x11) were not met:

Package 'xdamage', required by 'virtual:world', not found

DNF tells me all these programs are installed along with their
development files.

What am I missing ?

What does the "config.log" file tell about this?

Also, if a configure script check uses pkgconfig, it doesn't matter much
what DNF says. You would need to verify that the pkgconfig "*.pc" files
are included in a package and satisfy the requirements of what the
configure script is looking for.

Missing dev files for xdamage triggered a bunch of warnings. In the end I reinstalled the xdamage dev package
and that made everything happy.

Thanks