On Thu, 2020-11-05 at 15:23 -0800, Samuel Sieb wrote:
> Check what's using the memory.  zram doesn't *reserve* memory.  It
> doesn't use any memory until you start swapping out.  Try increasing
> the
> zram size.  I would suggest at least 12GB.  On my 12GB laptop, I have
> it
> set to 12GB.

This is interesting, I was running F33 with the the following
configurations.

BTRFS RAID1 with two subvolumes / and home

The laptop has 32GB of RAM and 4GB ZRAM

I was experiencing delayed reads especially when I am trying to open a
file from any application (gedit, TeXstudio, etc.) for example, when I
click file open, I will have to wait over 30 seconds before nautilus
opens so that I can select the file.

To see if it was related with filesystem I switch to my traditional
installation with RAID1, LVM and XFS filesystem and I haven't
experience the similar behaviour when I was using BTRFS. I will try
your recommendations and see if it resolves the issue.