On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 10:12 PM Chris Murphy <li...@colorremedies.com>
wrote:

> I don't understand why you're going to another forum to ask the same
> question, and posting different information. It's just making it more
> difficult to provide answers. Here is what you posted there:

Since I did not know about BTRFS.

> $ btrfs subvolume list /
> ID 256 gen 3794 top level 5 path fedora
> ID 264 gen 2296 top level 256 path root/snapshots/test
>
> That is not a default subvolume layout for Fedora 33. I have no idea
> how you arrived at this layout but it's not the default. If you do a
> default (automatic) installation of Fedora 33, you will have two
> subvolumes: home and root, at the top level.

Ok, I have managed to get BTRFS snapshots working.

I must have messed up the installation somehow. Now I have a subvolume
under the toplevel volume which I can now rename.

But the problem is that I have to reboot to a live CD just to take a
snapshot. Any way to do it within the OS ?
--
Regards,
Sreyan Chakravarty