On 2021-07-23 at 15:36 +0200, Scott van Looy via users wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have any hints for installing MongoDB on Fedora 34? I
> updated from F33 and whilst it’s still working/running, I can’t
> update it.
>
> Am I missing a compat lib or something?
>
> I’m using the repo at
> https://repo.mongodb.org/yum/redhat/8Server/mongodb-org/4.4/x86_64/
>  <
> https://repo.mongodb.org/yum/redhat/8Server/mongodb-org/4.4/x86_64/
> > as recommended in their docs
>
> When I try and do an update I get:
> [...]

Missed dependency is from platform-python packages, which are a RHEL
thing and are absent in Fedora.

Install only a server package, it works. If You're using some remote
management software for Mongo, You may skip the shell. If not, You
could use toolbox to make RHEL84 container and install shell in
that, since it will provide all depencencies.

Werid, but it will work just fine.

--
Łukasz Posadowski