> On 2021-07-27 9:08 a.m., old sixpack13 wrote:

> On a hunch, I disabled the Lenovo deep C-state handling in the BIOS,
> reinstalled using BTRFS again and mostly recovered from backups.
If I get it right, a new install fixed it for you ?

> I have had the GUI lockup twice, and have attributed that to defective
> hardware optimizations in Firefox, which I have now disabled.
is your GPU from intel ?
if so:
- I get it too, sometimes while browsing with FF.
- Crtl+Alt+F3 to get a console (?) and do dmesg => ...GPU Crash dump ... GPU
hang...

I guess it's known by Intel, e.g. there a bug report:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/intel/-/issues/3164

> John Mellor

thanks for lightning fast answer !