Once upon a time, ToddAndMargo via users <users@lists.fedoraproject.org> said:
> The bug is years and years and years old and they
> IGNORED IT due to the lack of a payment.

Open source software developers typically work on things that interest
them or that somebody pays them to.  If this is something important to
your business (that presumably makes some money), then maybe it has some
value to you to contract someone to fix it.

Otherwise, you are expecting someone to fix something that they don't
use, and/or expecting people on the Internet to do free research for you
to find an alternative.  That's not really how the open source software
world gets along.

My father and I wrote software to print envelopes from a CSV list back
in the DOS days, and it was a PITA to get it consistently right (the
same printer and envelopes seemed to change from month to month).  I
haven't printed an envelope in decades though, so I'd be in no position
to help with this.

--
Chris Adams <li...@cmadams.net>