On 24/11/2021 06:06, John Pilkington wrote:
I'm used to reading messages in order of time of arrival.  Threaded display in
Thunderbird, or the presentation of the archive by Hyperkitty, doesn't do this;
the current thread about NVIDIA drivers is utterly disjointed in both, with
recent posts buried at random partway up the display.  Is there a fix?

As far as I can tell, threading is working as designed and T-Bird is following
the RFC.  Since I'm replying to the initial message
the headers being used by T-Bird are the In-Reply-To: and References:. So this
reply won't be sorted with the messages that were also replies to the initial
post since my reply will lack

It will probably appear at the end of the thread based on the time/date this is
sent.

If you want to view the thread in chronological order without regard to this
"sub" sorting
then you probably want to use the gmail web interface.

Frankly, one feature I would like to see implemented in T-Bird is a way to
ignore and not show some
of these "sub" sorted items within a thread that veer off on meaningless (at
least to me) tangents.

--
Did 황준호 die?