On 10/12/2021 08:46, Clifford Snow wrote:

The problem is the NVIDIA module isn't loading on boot and instead falling back
to the nouveau driver.

I have a NVIDIA Quadro K4000. From my reading of requirements to run Wayland
with NVIDIA, the 495 driver is needed. Unfortunately it's not available for
this video card as best as I can tell.

I saw a hint that Fedora can be dropped back to using X11. Has anyone seen any
instructions on how to do this?

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx says you need the 470 drivers.  This
doesn't have the Wayland
improvements as you note.

The method to tell your desktop to use X11 depends on what desktop you're using.

If you're using GNOME then choose the user and when you're on the password screen there
will be a "gear icon"
in the lower right.  Click on it before you enter the password and you can
select Gnome on X11.

--
Did 황준호 die?