On 13/12/2021 06:30, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Ed Greshko writes:

Install lightdm-gtk-greeter-settings.  I'm surprised it isn't installed by
default.

This one prompted me for my password before it ran (and caused an SELinux alert
that's yet to be fixed, but that's off-topic).

Afterwards, the "Default user image" option started browsing for a file …in the
root's home directory.

Pointing it to a file in my home directory resulted in a caution icon, with a
tooltip informing me that the file is not accessible. It was fairly obvious
that this option was only to select the image file to be used when the selected
user's profile picture is not set.

In the end, it didn't matter. I attempted to create $HOME/.face myself, using
just the available tools, namely gimp, by cropping and saving my mug shot. I
failed, since gimp was very confused by my attempts to save a jpg-formatted
image as $HOME/.face, going only as far as $HOME/.jpg, so I relented and
renamed it manually. In the end, nothing changed, and the greeter still showed
the default, feature-less profile picture. I even rebooted, so, who knows what
the problem is. Maybe it has to be a .gif. Maybe it has to be .png. Maybe it is
being blocked by SELinux, who knows.

It sounded like a good idea.  Apparently I did not test.  Just saw the option
was there.  Oh well.....

--
Did 황준호 die?