Making some assumptions about your requirements:

1. Make sure xauth is installed
2. Your DISPLAY environment variable is likely: ":0" - just verify it is set
3. Run the command: "xauth list"
4. Copy the line that has "<hostname>/unix:", all three parts
5. Use su - or sudo to get an interactive session for alternate user
6. Run xauth command with no arguments
7. Type "list" at the prompt
8. Assuming this user currently doesn't have permission (no entry for
host/display):
9. Type "add" and then paste the line you copied from step 4
10. Type "exit" command from xauth
11. Firefox should now be able to use the display, and your addition is
persistent