On 26 Jul 2022 at 18:00, Samuel Sieb wrote:

Date sent:              Tue, 26 Jul 2022 18:00:11 -0700
Subject:                Re: bash: ./WINPM-32.EXE: cannot execute
binary file: Exec format
        error
To:                     users@lists.fedoraproject.org
From:                   Samuel Sieb <sam...@sieb.net>
Send reply to:          Community support for Fedora
users <users@lists.fedoraproject.org>

> On 7/26/22 17:48, Michael D. Setzer II wrote:
> > Use to be able to run command without added wine to
> > front??
> > With  Fedora 35 up to 7.10 worked fine, but 7.12 verion
> > would cuase a spinning icon when opening email
> > message. No error or anything showing in top or ps -ef.
> > Did a dnf downgrade wine, and it downgraded to 6.16
> > version and problem went away, but all attempt to get
> > back to 7.10 would only show upgrading to 7.12..
>
> I think I explained this in a previous email.  There is no 7.10 version
> in any of the repos.  You would have to get it from koji if it's still
> available there.

I looked at koji
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1977
180

Shows the 7.10, but it seemed to list all the files
individual rather than as a single download.
So, opted to look at winehq options.

> > Then tried installing winehq-devel from their Fedora 35
> > repo. It installs 7.13 and it doesn't have the issue with
> > spinning icon, but it has two minor differences.
> >
> > 1. Running programs from command line without wine
> > doesn't work. Must put wine in front? Assume Fedora
> > version must add something to wine installation that
> > allows this. Haven't found anything to see how this is
> > done. Have the default app set to use wine, but doesn't
> > work from command line.
>
> In the wine-systemd package, there's a file called
> /usr/lib/binfmt.d/wine.conf that configures being able to run windows
> executables directly.

Thanks.
dnf install wine-systemd
Installed wine-systemd-7.12-2.fc35.noarch.rpm
and then running commands once again.
Must assume that the --allowerasing that was required to
install the winehq-devel must have removed it??

The winehq 7.13 seems to be fully working now except
for the scroll bar, but the mouse wheel works. Saw
messages with people have issues with the wheel not
working, so perhaps they fixed that, but disabled the
scroll bar itself? See mouse controls have options for
sensitivity of movement, but nothing on wheel speed?
Saw imwheel, but will have to do more research.
Have 5 Fedora 35 machines at home (retired). Main one
has the winehq-devel. Another has winehq-staging and
another has Fedora's wine 7.12. Others don't have wine.

Thanks again for quick responses. Will continue to test.

> Do not reply to spam on the list, report it:
> https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure

 Michael D. Setzer II - Computer Science Instructor
(Retired)
 mailto:mi...@guam.net
 mailto:msetze...@gmail.com
 Guam - Where America's Day Begins