On 9/9/22 14:56, Thomas Cameron via users wrote:
I have two mics, one on my Brio web camera, and one on my motherboard. Every time I boot up, the Brio mic is selected, and I have to manually go in and tell the audio mixer that I want the onboard mic to be used. Sometimes I forget, join a WebEx or similar, and they are hearing me through my Brio, and that mic SUCKS compared to the one I have plugged in to the onboard sound card. I've set the onboard mic to be the default more times than I can remember, but when it reboots, the Brio mic is selected again. This is driving me nuts!

What on Earth do I need to do to make the onboard sound card mic be the main/only one used?

I am using Xfce, if that matters. When I fire up the mixer, it's using pavucontrol.

If it matters, I have upgraded this system from F33 through F36.
Anyone got any insight? Is there a way to tell Fedora 36 a permanent way to stop using my crappy Brio mic?

Thomas