Accessing a page on <https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/>, I am
presented with a banner reading, "Unfortunately, your browser is
unsupported. Please switch to a supported browser to view rich content,
log in and reply." I am unable to scroll beyond the portion of the
page immediately visible.

But, of course, I didn't ask for any support. I recognize that my
browsers of choice may not properly render some web sites that choose
to use some newer facilities. ("rich content", indeed! I'd be very happy
without "rich" content.) If I'm stuck, I can use a different browser;
I know how to do that.

I wouldn't object to a banner warning me that some parts of the site
might not render properly on my browser. But fedoraproject.org takes
things further by refusing to allow the entire page to load. I resent
their patronizing and holier-than-thou attitude.

Unfortunately, fedoraproject.org is not the only place I've encountered
this abomination. What gives the administrators of these places their
special rights to control the rest of us?
--
         Dave Close, Compata, Irvine CA       +1 714 434 7359
       d...@compata.com              dhcl...@alumni.caltech.edu