On 04/05/2023 12:48, Samuel Sieb wrote:
On 5/3/23 21:07, Frederic Muller wrote:
Installed F38 about a week ago from scratch (wayland & GNOME). When I launch Thunderbird the first time at every session it starts as a black screen except for the title bar and then... I believe nothing happens but since I cannot see anything I close it. When I relaunch it everything works normally.

Not really a life threatening situation but I was wondering if it was possible to fix this. Any idea?

Are you running "Thunderbird" or "Thunderbird on Wayland"?
If you don't have the second one, try installing it.
"thunderbird-wayland" is the package.