On 14 Jul 2023 at 15:08, Barry wrote:

From:                   Barry <ba...@barrys-emacs.org>
Subject:                Re: WD BLUE SSD died. Not even seen in BIOS or
via USB? Bad Response from WD Support.
Date sent:              Fri, 14 Jul 2023 15:08:56 +0100
To:                     mi...@guam.net,
        Community support for Fedora users
<users@lists.fedoraproject.org>
Send reply to:          Community support for Fedora users
<users@lists.fedoraproject.org>

> > On 14 Jul 2023, at 11:29, Michael D. Setzer II via users
> > <users@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> >
> > The two WD Black drives I just ordered and
> > seller sent serial numbers without being asked. WD Support comes
> > back that those serial numbers were meant for drives installed in
> > systems, so WD provides no warranty.
>
> The warrantee is factored into the selling price of the drive.
> Clearly those drives where sold cheap with no warrantee.

Contacted seller, and he confirms that the 2 year warranty his add
states is from him as seller, not from WD. Seems WD warranty is
only covered if you buy the disks directly from them, and is only
for replacement of drive and nothing else. So, not sure if I would
even call that a warranty? Not even sure how long WD warranty
actually is since disk has date of 09Sept2022, so it isn't even a
year old?? Will definitely have to create a spreadsheet with seller
and serial number and date. Usually replace drives after 3 or 4
years, but first time I've had one fail so completely...

> Barry

> Do not reply to spam, report it:
> https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/new_issue

 Michael D. Setzer II - Computer Science Instructor (Retired)
 mailto:mi...@guam.net
 mailto:msetze...@gmail.com
 Guam - Where America's Day Begins
 G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer