On 2023-07-30 17:39, Thomas Cameron via users wrote:
On 7/29/23 08:55, Tim Evans wrote:
Should have asked about this sooner, as it's something I've seen since the very first F38 upgrade. Not sure if this is Fedora or Thunderbird issue.

When Thunderbird opens, it does so postage-stamp size, way up in upper left hand corner of window, so small I almost missed it at first. Right-clicking "maximize" restores it to full screen display.

I see this with apps like LibreOffice. I have to click on it several times until I hit it just right to expand the window. I don't have a solution, but if you click on it *just right* you can get the window resize pointer to come up, then resize the window, and future versions will be usable.

You don't mention what GUI is installed.  Assuming that you are using the default Wayland and not X, per a recommendation from one of the Fedora people, I installed thunderbird-wayland package and then changed the app startup to use thunderbird-wayland instead of just thunderbird.  There is a very long pause before thunderbird comes up, and then it just works.  Mention was also made of this fix being merged at a later date.

I have no idea why thunderbird and not thunderbird-wayland is in the software app list.  You have to do the install from CLI because of this secondary foulup.