Am 08.08.2023 um 21:53 schrieb Robert Moskowitz:
I cannot figure out how to get the equiv of Acrobat reader to print a
pdf in booklet format.

That is to print 2 pages per side, double-sided but in an order that
you just staple along the middle and have a booklet.

I am using F38 and Xfce.

I have Okular, Atril, and Xfce's pdf viewer.

Anyone experienced with this?

thanks.
Sorry to jump on this thread a bit late, but I have been using
Libreoffice' brochure feature for that purpose:
https://help.libreoffice.org/latest/lo/text/swriter/guide/print_brochure.html

Even if you didn't write your original text with LO, you can load a
multipage PDF to LO's draw module and print it as a brochure from there.
KP