On Fri, Aug 18, 2023 at 11:13 AM Neal Becker <ndbeck...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For online meetings I have always used share window (as opposed to sharing
> a chrome tab or entire screen).  Recently this has been broken.
>
> Using current F38+kde+wayland.
> Tested on teams and on google meet (same interface, must be part of KDE I
> think).
> If I select a window to share the tab for that window on the task manager
> disappears, which gives me no way to move my cursor to that window and do
> the presentation.
>
> I find share a screen still works fine, and I guess I'll have to use that
> for now.
>
> Seems some recent change.  Along with it also there is a change to the way
> the dialog for sharing appears, and for some reason you need to go through
> 2 different dialogs the confirm sharing 2 times.  This again is a recent
> change.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> After playing around some more I have some new observations:
1. logout/login seems to have cleared the problem.  The window I wanted to
share no longer has it's tab disappear making it impossible to select.
2. The strangeness of needing to go through 2 sharing dialogs is
kde/wayland.  If I use kde/X11 it still behaves the same as it did in the
past, and works fine.