On Mon, 28 Aug 2023 20:58:47 +0000, Richard wrote:

>> Date: Monday, August 28, 2023 19:09:43 +0000 From: Beartooth
>> <bearto...@comcast.net>
>>
>>      One of my F38 machines has taken to demanding that I login over
>> and over. I want not to have to login at all. (I'm the sole user, and
>> at  home.) Fwiw, I'm running xscreensaver under Mate. Where and how do
>> I  reconfigure?
>
> On the screensaver configuration screen (under the
> "system/preferences/look and feel/screensaver" pulldown) there's a "lock
> screen when screensaver active" checkbox. I suspect that if you uncheck
> that you'll get the action you desire.

        I always do that; and yes, I've checked it twice in the last
couple minutes. What's more, I've tried it with and without a zero in the
"number of minutes" box.

        And, btw, it's been doing this through more than one change of
kernel with following reboot.

        Istr there's an applet somewhere actually called "login" or
something to that effect. I *think* it does other things; it might also
include a choice of when and whether to log the user out. But I haven't
managed to find it. :-(
--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User
Remember I know little (precious little!) of where up is