On Sat, 16 Sep 2023 22:12:02 +1000
Philip Rhoades via users <users@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> I want to scroll through doc pages in a script loop doing a
> screenshot for each page eg the procedure would be:
>
> 1. Display the first page of the doc you want to screenshot.
>
> 2. Hit CTRL-PrtScrn (say) to start the script loop.
>
>     The script does a screenshot of the current screen.
>     The Right Arrow or PageDn key is sent from the script to advance
> the doc to the next page.
>     The script continues to loop . .
>
> 3. The script is stopped by CTRL-C (say).
>
> Is this possible?  Should I be trying to do this from Sway?

I don't have an answer for you, but isn't sway a microsoft product?
Maybe it would be better to ask on a microsoft forum?

If you want to do it in linux, you would probably open the doc in
libre-office.  The tricky part is how to send the commands to the
libre-office instance from a script.  And a separate screen shot
utility that can send the screenshot to a chosen directory.  Is there
a linux desktop that has a macro capability?  That would be useful for
this, as it could record you doing the first one, and then you could
just repeat that by firing off the macro with a hot key.

It becomes really easy if libre-office has macro capability, and can
also take screenshots.  I don't know if that is true.

There might also be interface modules for libre-office and a screenshot
utility for one of the scripting languages, python, perl, ruby, lua,
etc. They can also send commands to the OS if you wanted to use the
system print screen.  Then you just open the applications from the
scripting language and send the commands you want from the scripting
language in a loop.