On Sat, 2023-09-30 at 00:12 -0400, Robert McBroom via users wrote:
> In the past I would just enter "users" in the "To " space and would
> get the list entry users@lists.fedoraproject.org. Somehow that now
> gets attached to send to a person instead of the list. Have to
> explicitly type in the list address. Is there a fix?

I would suggest trying setting an entry in the address book for the
list, I'd expect that to take priority over some kind of auto-
completion of an address it's found in a folder.  Check your address
book hasn't acquired a "users" entry.  Some email clients (optionally)
automatically add addresses to the address book when you reply to a
message.  If so, remove or alter it.

You could set your own unique name for the address in the address book
if you can't stop it auto-completing users to the wrong address.

e.g. FU could be Fedora Users.  ;-)

> Thunderbird keeps continually telling me it wants to compact the
> mails storage for what is a trivial amount of space, Is there a way
> to make it use a reasonable size to do the prompt?

If you right-click on a folder, are there options for this?

I probably have an old version installed, but I only see options about
deleting old messages (by age, or by the number of messages in the
folder).  Though, I only use IMAP, and local storage is caching rather
than storage, so I may see different options than for other schemes.

But in the main settings there is a sub-section about disk space, that
sound like they might offer what you want:

Disk Space

Your cache is currently using 330 KB of disk space

[ ]  Override automatic cache management
     Use up to [250] MB of space for the cache

[✔]  Compact all folders when it will save over [20] MB in total
     [✔] Ask every time before compacting

> I set the font size to small but it always reverts to medium, where
> would a permanent setting be located?

Where are you setting this?  When reading a message, or in general
settings?  I'd expect in the settings to be a permanent setting, but
overrides in the reader may be transient.

There are options for allowing messages to use other fonts, and
different fonts for different alphabets.  You may have a HTML email
specifying certain font sizes overriding your preferences.

--

uname -rsvp
Linux 3.10.0-1160.99.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Sep 13 14:19:20 UTC 2023 x86_64

Boilerplate:  All unexpected mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted.