On Fri, 6 Oct 2023, Stephen Morris wrote:

On 6/10/23 13:12, Michael Hennebry wrote:
I burned the F38 workstation installer onto a DVD.
On booting it can find my home directory on the only hard disk.
When I tell the installer to install,
it claims it cannot find a hard drive.  Grrr.

The first time I got the message, I just rebooted.
On the second boot, I looked for my home directory and found it.
I even looked at some images, so I know it was atually reading files.
When I told it to install, no go.

To do the install you have to point the installer at a partition you have specified as the root (/) mount point for it to install to. As part of you

How?
It seems to want me to select from a list,
but the list is empty.
Also a message at the bottom states no hard drive detected.

can also point it at your /home partition and tell it that is the /home mount point. You may also have to create a 100MB partition for the uefi partition if you are installing on a uefi system.

--
Michael   henne...@mail.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
"Occasionally irrational explanations are required"  --  Luke Roman