I don't know for sure but search for i7-8700.

Mine 13 reports like this:
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 186
model name      : 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1335U

And I can see the different speed cores.

You might do a lspci and look at the hardware, that will be a dead
giveaway that the hardware is not what it is supposed to be.

And I will not order a laptop from anyone except Amazon on Amazon.
Looking through the 3rd party vendors descriptions makes me question
everything about what they are really selling.  I have seen it say
"new 2023 laptop" and have a cpu from 4-5 years ago.

Note a i7-8700 is a coffee lake from 2018 and does have 12 cores.
See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee_Lake.

Anyone on amazon that says xxxx year laptop and xxxx is this year or
last year seems to be trying to pull a fast one (now it is possible
that some are not, but last time I looked the 3rd party laptop sellers
appeared be a pretty unreliable bunch just based on their
descriptions).