On 10/19/23 21:53, Jonathan Billings wrote:

On Oct 19, 2023, at 10:05, Alex <mysqlstud...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm using docker on fedora38 and can't figure out how to prevent port 8080 from being available to the outside world. I've done quite a bit of reading on this, and it appears I'm not the only one having trouble figuring this out. This docker doc appears to indicate it shouldn't be listening on the external port when the -p option is not used.

https://docs.docker.com/network/#the-world

You should be using firewalld to limit access to services running in docker, as described here:

https://docs.docker.com/network/packet-filtering-firewalls/#integration-with-firewalld

Indeed.  Fedora deprecated iptables a while ago.  It uses nftables now with firewalld being used to configure it.

--
David King
dave at daveking dot com