On Mon, Oct 30, 2023 at 10:47 AM Michael Hennebry
<henne...@web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:

> CUPS wrote:
> > Note:Printer drivers and raw queues are deprecated and will stop working in
> future version of CUPS.
>
> Then what?

Printer Applications:
https://openprinting.github.io/documentation/01-printer-application/

> It wrote that after I installed a Brother HL-L2360DW
> using the printer-driver-brlaser-6.2.6-1.fc38.x86_64 package.
> It provided the
> Brother HL-L2360D series, using brlaser v6 (en)
> option under model.
>
> If CUPS rejects my printer before it runs out of ink,
> will I have another option?

They do not plan to remove the deprecated functionality in CUPS until
the alternative, a printer application that understands legacy CUPS
PPD drivers, works well enough:
https://github.com/OpenPrinting/pappl-retrofit

But only Brother printers using their binary drivers will need that,
printers that work with the open source brlaser like yours are already
supported by one of the new driverless drivers:
https://www.openprinting.org/driver/brlaser/

So you have nothing to worry about, when Fedora CUPS maintainers cut
over to the new paradigm your printer should still work.  :-)