On 3/19/24 16:24, Jerry James wrote:
On Tue, Mar 19, 2024 at 4:32 PM Samuel Sieb <sam...@sieb.net> wrote:
On 3/19/24 15:25, Stephen Morris wrote:
      I have installed python3-pygame V2.5.2.1 from the Fedora
repositories, and when I import it into python3 3.12 (installed from the
Fedora repositories) I get the following message:

<frozen importlib._bootstrap>:488: RuntimeWarning: Your system is avx2
capable but pygame was not built with support for it. The performance of
some of your blits could be adversely affected. Consider enabling
compile time detection with environment variables like
PYGAME_DETECT_AVX2=1 if you are compiling without cross compilation.
How do I fix this or is the message irrelevant?

It's not going to break anything, but I suggest filing a bug on the
package with that suggestion.

Compile-time detection of AVX2 is no good.  Fedora supports pre-AVX2
CPUs.  If upstream can be convinced to do runtime detection of AVX2,
that would be great.

Right, I misread that.  Never mind filing that bug.  :-)