On Wed, 2011-10-05 at 18:15 +0300, Marek Piatek wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have been given a workstation with Fedora 11 (Leonidas) installed by
> our IT team. I'm running web-based tool on it, purely Perl based. I
> have also data there that I would like to keep while upgrading to
> Fedora 15 (or maybe wait a ~month longer and upgrade it directly to
> Fedora 16).
>
> I would like to ask for recommendation on what's the easiest way to
> jump through so many releases?

Back up your data and install cleanly.

Fedora only supports upgrades from Fedora N-1 to Fedora N. So you'd need
to upgrade through 12, 13 and 14 to get to Fedora 15.

Beyond that, there were some pretty substantial changes to the system in
Fedora 15. So realistically, you're much better off just backing up all
of the executable and data files of your web app and just installing
fresh.