* ferna...@lozano.eti.br <ferna...@lozano.eti.br> [2011-11-04 10:05]:
>    Hi there,
>    I saw messages on the archives stating that OpenJDK 7 would be the
>    default Java for Fedora, such as:
>    http://osdir.com/ml/fedora-devel-list/2011-08/msg01586.html
>    But the features page states that OpenJDK 6 will be the default, which
>    OpenJDK 7 as an optional preview:
>    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Java7
>    Which is correct? There was any FESCo decision about this?
>    I also see that we have IcedTea 2.0. Will Fedora OpenJDK 7 be based on
>    IcedTea 2 or on java.net OpenJDK 7 sources?
>    And what about certification? Is there a TCK for Java 7? Will OpenJDK 7
>    on Fedora be certified for Fedora 16 at release or at a later update?
>    []s, Fernando Lozano

6 will be the default and 7 will be optional in F16. In F17, 7 will be
default and 6 will be optional.

The original intent was to make 7 the default in F16, but we had to
abandon that approach after discovering multiple package build failures
with 7. Since building some packages with 7 and some with 6 would break
compatibility, we decided to stay with 6 as default.

Cheers,
Deepak