On 01/17/2012 11:59 AM, Freak Trick wrote:
Yesterday, I installed F15 from Live CD (downloaded around May release of the version). The first run was fine and I was able to install all usual applications - Chrome, Audacious, VLC, gcc, gcc-c++. Next morning, when I started the machine, I could reach up to the login menu and login successfully, thereafter the screen only had the default F15/Gnome3 wallpaper and the mouse cursor; nothing else would appear. Not even the task bar. Only keys which were being responded to where Ctrl+Alt+Del giving a logout dialog.

I formatted and reinstalled. Again it worked fine the first time. But next boot gave the same problem. Moreover without being able to access the desktop, I am short of ideas to do anything to resolve the problem.

Any workarounds?

Move the mouse to the upper left corner, the Gnome 3 desktop is generally bare except for the task bar on top.

--
Fedora, Ubuntu, Mint and Slackware user
Linux counter #386175